When can I expect my order?
We aim to dispatch all orders within 1-2 days on ‘Ready to Dispatch' items and within 2-3 weeks for ‘Made to order’ items using tracked services by Royal Mail.
Shipping times may vary depending on the country you are ordering from. Melrosia cannot be held responsible for any delays due to customs checks.
Please see our shipping page for more information.
Can I cancel or amend my order?
After completion of an order, it is not possible to cancel due to our automated ordering process. For the same reason it is not possible to make subsequent changes of details to your order e.g. adding/removing an item, changing delivery address etc.
Can I have my order gift packed?
We pack multiple items from your order in the same box to avoid wastage. Each product comes with its individual pouch so you can store your pieces safely. If your order includes a gift, please leave a message at checkout and we will package it separately in our beautiful tissue and finished with a ribbon. You can include a gift note, which we hand write on our card for that personal touch.
How do I care for my jewellery?
All our jewellery is handmade with love, it is 18 k or 22 k gold plated and requires special care. Follow these simple steps so you can wear your favourite pieces for longer:
- Please avoid sun exposure and hard surfaces to the jewellery.
- Please store your jewellery in a dry place away from humidity, moisture and extreme temperatures to avoid tarnishing
- Store your jewellery in a box or pouch
- Please handle your jewellery with care while wearing and taking them off.
- Do not wear your jewellery while exercising, showering or washing up to avoid tarnishing
- Avoid contact with chemicals such as perfumes, moisturisers and sanitisers to avoid tarnishing
- Always wear your jewellery last when getting ready so cosmetics and perfumes don’t damage the delicate items.
- Only use a soft cloth to clean your jewellery- no water and soap or chemicals.
What materials are used to make the jewellery?
The handling and malleability of each metal is different so the base metals vary from every design to collection. We use brass, silver or stainless steel for our jewellery. They are 18k or 22k gold plated with lacquer coating so they don’t wear off easily. All our gemstones and crystals are ethically sourced. Prolonged use can lead to plating wearing off as these are not real solid gold.
Allergy caution: We take great care in providing accurate and detailed information about the materials and metals used in our jewellery and strive to keep them up to date. However, as individual sensitivities vary, we strongly advise customers to read descriptions carefully. A lot of products are nickel/cadmium/lead free while others are not. If you’re unaware of your allergies and experience any discomfort or irritation, refrain from wearing the jewellery immediately and consult with a medical professional.
While we employ stringent quality control measures, the presence of allergens or contaminants can never be entirely ruled out. External factors beyond our control, such as environmental exposure during shipping or handling, might contribute to unforeseen reactions. By making a purchase from us, you acknowledge and agree that Melrosia cannot be held responsible for any allergic reactions or discomfort caused by wearing our jewellery.
Can my item look different from images?
In some of our pieces, we use natural gemstones & baroque pearls which may contain internal inclusions, adding to the beauty and uniqueness of each individual item. In such cases, slight natural variances may occur between colours, patterns, shapes and sizes of our gemstones and pearls. For items this includes, there will be a message clearly stating this on the product page.
Is Melrosia a sustainable brand?
We recognise the importance of sustainability. That's why nothing at Melrosia is mass produced. Everything is made by hand and in small batches. Our manufacturers are small local artisans based in India with fair pay and good working conditions.
Each piece takes time to create, which is why sometimes there are longer wait times for items to come back in stock. This also reduces stock wastage, which makes each piece you buy feel truly special. We're passionate about encouraging conscious consumption - we want you to wear the pieces again and again.
We have also partnered with No issue for eco-friendly tissue paper and no plastic coated boxes which are ethically made and fully recyclable.
FREE shipping (Royal Mail) on orders over £50
£3.50 - Standard shipping (Royal Mail) 2-3 days from dispatch.
A signature may be required upon receipt. You will receive a tracking number once your order is being processed.
£5- Tracked 24 with signature (Royal Mail) 1-2 days from dispatch
A signature is required upon receipt. You will receive a tracking number once your order is being processed. Royal Mail will leave a calling card for re-delivery should they miss you.
£8 - Guaranteed Next Working Day Delivery (Royal Mail)
Orders must be placed before 2 pm Monday to Thursday.
Any orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
Any orders placed on Fridays, weekends or bank holidays will be dispatched the following working day.
Please ensure your postal address is correct and up to date on your order as we cannot change or amend incorrect address details once your order has been dispatched.
* We cannot be held responsible for any delays caused in transit.
During any Royal Mail strike action, we might use other carriers and delivery times may vary.
FREE international shipping (Royal Mail) on orders over £150
£10- Standard shipping, tracked & signed (Royal Mail)- 3-10 days from dispatch. Does not include weekends.
Unfortunately, we do not ship to Germany because of packing regulations.
Rest of the world
£15- Standard Shipping, tracked and signed (Royal Mail)- 3-10 days from dispatch. Does not include weekends.
For international orders, custom charges may occur. We have no control and cannot be held responsible if these charges occur and how much the charges are.
Important Delivery Information:
- Multiple products are packed in the same box. If your order contains a gift and requires a separate box, please leave a note at checkout along with your gift message.
- Transit times will vary depending on the location. International delivery times are only estimates and cannot be guaranteed
- All shipments are tracked and require a signature upon delivery. Please be aware that UK public holidays will affect your expected delivery date
- Please note we are unable to deliver on Bank Holidays.
- We are not responsible for any delays caused by natural calamities and unavoidable circumstances.
- We are unable to redirect orders once items have been dispatched.
Orders will be dispatched according to the details mentioned in the product description and will be delivered in accordance to the selected method.
Dispatch time for each product varies so please check the product detail before placing your order. Products in stock and available in our studio in London are dispatched within 48 hours whereas, custom made/ made to order products are dispatched within 2-3 weeks
Once your order has been shipped a tracking number will be sent to you via email.
Customs & Duties:
Please Note: VAT, duties and taxes will be applicable as per your country's regulations and are to be borne by the customer. These charges will be billed separately to you by the shipping company at the time of delivery. Shipping companies determine shipping charges based on the package weight, customs clearance and various other factors. We are unable to advise the duty amount.
Please check for these charges before ordering, we cannot take responsibility for the charges.
Before returning a product, please take a moment to understand how our products are made. All our jewellery is handmade by artisans, resulting in each product being unique and slightly different from each other. The stones therefore may vary slightly. Natural stones & pearls are always different from each other in terms of colour and finish. All our products go through quality control before shipping.
We will be happy to offer an exchange or store-credit within 7 days of purchase. The store credit is issued in the form of a gift card, it can be used on all products and has no expiry date. Goods purchased online must be returned to us in perfect unused condition and in their original packaging in order for us to process an exchange or store credit.
- For all returns, except where the item is faulty, you will be required to arrange and pay for the return of the products. We cannot accept responsibility for any parcels lost in transit.
- Sale No returns on sale items (including flash/limited time promotions) unless faulty
- For returns of store/pop-up orders, please keep your invoice or receipt for proof of purchase. We are unable to offer a return on items without a proof of purchase.
- Earrings For hygiene reasons we are unable to accept returns on earrings unless faulty.
- Rings Please note that once a ring has been adjusted out of its original shape, it is not possible to return for a refund.
- Made to order products No returns and exchanges on made to order products.
Please request a return by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will inform you on how to return your items. For Faulty products, you must inform us within 3 days of receiving the product with photographs of the damage.
- The shipping cost of your item will be deducted from the the store credit
- Once the return has been inspected. Store credit will be processed within 2-3 working days from when we have received your products.
- Please note we do not refund international customs taxes and sales charges in the store credit.
- For faulty items, if we are unable to replace the product, credit refund can be provided.
All products with a ‘Made to order’ tag are custom made and take 2-3 weeks for dispatch. When placing orders, please consider timelines. If your timeline is short, please email us on email@example.com before placing your order so we can check if it can be expedited.
If your order includes both ‘Ready to Dispatch’ & ‘Made to Order’ items, please note these orders will be shipped together in 2-3 weeks. If you need these items to be shipped separately, please email on firstname.lastname@example.org, additional shipping charges will be applicable.